Immersive Learning That Lasts
An award-winning educational game studio creating immersive, research-backed experiences.
Areas of expertise include:
- Videogames and Virtual Reality (VR) experiences
- User Experience (UX) Services
- Informal Learning Installations (museums, afterschool programs, etc.)
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation Services
Our focus is on using the body and gesture to promote learning. We are on the forefront of using sensors and VR hand controls to create learning that lasts.
In our lab, “embodiment” means that players are physically using their bodies to learn.
Research supports that better retention of knowledge occurs when students are more active and when their gestures map to the content they are learning.
The Cube of Embodiment in Education has been designed so we can have a common language to discuss the levels of embodiment in lessons or games.
The three critical constructs are:
- Congruency of the gesture – How well the movements or kinesthetics map to what is being learned.
- Magnitude of the gesture – Amount of sensorimotor engagement, e.g., a small finger twirl or the whole arm spinning.
- Immersivity – Amount of presence induced, the feeling of being there and engaged. Immersivity and presence are correlated and immersive Virtual Reality (VR) affords a powerful degree of presence.