Alien Health is an exer-game designed to teach youth about nutrition in common foods. The game is available on multiple formats and in four different languages. Choose from a PC, iPhone or multiple “experimental versions” with available open source code.
- Allows rapid decision-making practice on common food choices
- Teaches 5 key nutrients in common foods
- Encourages players to discourse about what makes a food healthier
- Exposes players to socio-collaborative learning
- Encourages discussion about balanced meals
- Multiple platforms for different emobodied experiences
Johnson-Glenberg, M. C., Savio-Ramos, C., & Henry, H. (2014). “Alien Health”: A Nutrition Instruction Exergame Using the Kinect Sensor. Games For Health Journal, 3(4), 241–251. doi: 10.1089/g4h.2013.0094
Johnson-Glenberg. M. C., & Hekler, E. (2013). Alien health game: An embodied, exergame to instruct in nutrition and MyPlate. Games for Health Journal: Research, Development, and Clinical Applications, 2, 6, 354-361. doi: 10.1089/g4h.2013.0057
Awarded the prestigious ASU Obesity Solutions Challenge Grant.
Awarded a competitive grant from the Limburg Province in the Netherlands.
Play with Kinect v2 or on PC
This game is playable with Kinect v2. The game can also be played on your PC, but at the “ship flying level” you must hit the enter key to advance.
iPhone version coming soon – To request beta access, contact us.
*Embodied Games does not provide support for the Greek version. For questions, please contact Andri at Cyprus Interaction Lab, Cyprus University of Technology (Cyprus).
- 1GHz or better processor
- 1GB or more RAM
- DirectX9 compatible or better Graphics Card
- OSX 10.6 or Later
WebGL Enabled Browser
- Google Chrome (at least version 9)
- Mozilla Firefox (at least version 4.0)
- Safari (at least version 6.0)
- Opera (only available in version 11 and 12)
- Internet Explorer (Not Recommneded)
- Mircrosft Edge (Not Recommended)
Click here for more information about webGL enabled browsers.
This game is free to share and adapt in compliance with the non-commercial creative commons license guidelines.
To request open source files, contact us for more information.
Alien Experiment (Legacy)